Monday, June 29, 2009

Flight of Honor (CPS #121)


I never got around to doing an entry for Card Positioning System Sketch #121, but I thought Michael Jackson fans might appreciate a tribute to Michael and I thought the big old star in that sketch was appropriate to use! My tastes run to the likes of John Denver, David Mallett, and now days Brett Dennen, but Michael was "interesting" and his music not at all unpleasant and some of it was quite "catchy". He was an outstanding entertainer! Just like John Denver he died too soon to make his big come back.

I typed out on the computer a listing of Michael's 18 No. 1 hits from 1969 to 1995 (according to USA Today newspaper). The stamp is from a Portland, Oregon company STAMP OUT ART known for their "celebrity" stamps. Hope you enjoy this salute to the "King of POP".

P.S. Since this is mostly Black and White and even contains the song title "Black and White" this may be okay to include in Rosie and Dee's Challenge #41. I didn't run into their challenge until after I finished this today but I noticed there was some color on their samples too.

3 comments:

  1. very nice card. it is so sad that he passed away. this is my first visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hia
    Thanks for joining in with us :) great card and tribute :) TFS and hopefully see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Fitting tribute too!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Rosie-Dee's this week. Hope to see you on Sunday!

    x

    ReplyDelete