Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flight of Challenge (Card Positioning System 109)

Today's entry combined two challenges, CPS 109 with the Hero Arts Blog challenge this week to make a one layer card using at least one Hero Arts stamp.  To do this I first cut a piece of regular typing  paper the size of the card front and cut a hole in the center using a Spellbinders 
Nestabilities circle.  Using repositionable  adhesive I placed the typing paper on the pink card front and using a Prismacolor pencil I made a line of color on the  inside of the hole.  Next I softened the edges using a paper stump with Gamsol. I stamped the  Hero Arts girl in the center of the circle opening with black Memories ink and likewise colored her with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  Next I removed the mask with the hole and placed the "typing paper circle" over the colored "hole".  I stamped the Hero Arts oriental flower border so it would resemble the two necessary elements on the CPS sketch. I proceeded to color them as above.  Finally I stamped the Rubber Stampede Posh Impressions cherry blossoms around the card front using Versamark ink and then embossed those images with clear embossing powder.  I think it sort of looks like a window card without a real window.  This sketch would have been very easy if I had cut and pasted to create the three necessary elements, but doing it all by stamping and masking made it into a "real challenge".

1 comment:

  1. Oh how sweet!! Be sure to check CPS this next week so see who our sponsor is. You are going to like it! LOVE what you did with that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete