Friday, February 20, 2009

Flight of Challenge (Second Childhood)


Over on the Second Childhood Creations blog is a challenge to create a card based on the "recipe" pictured there.  Here is my creation.  Layer one is an alcohol ink background I had leftover from a class I taught.  Layer two is a piece of copper that was a blog gift from Second Childhood Creations a while back. (See... I used some and didn't hoard it!) I ran the sheet of copper through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then zapped it with a butane candle lighter to change the color a bit in some spots.  The ribbon came on a gift I once received and I had it hanging around.  I cut the leaf shape using a Sizzix die out of the cardboard on a box of Costco's generic Prilosec.  I stamped "have a Special day" (a Hero Arts stamp) with black Staz-On (you may need to click on the photo to enlarge it to see it better).   I mounted the whole shebang on a lavender card.

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see another link on Cherylynn's blog! Your card is beautiful! I love alcohol inks.

    Evelyn in NE Oregon

    ReplyDelete