Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Flight of Cool, Green and Shady Creativity


Since I became "Copic Certified" I have just been a Copic coloring fool. Practice, practice practice. I pulled out this stamp from Rubber Stamp Avenue and I'm trying all sorts of
experiments on this leafy lady. I colored her face with E000 first and then added E00 on the left and then blended with E000. Then in some places I added a little E02 and then blended using E00. I was trying to get the effect of the light coming from the lower right. Lips were colored with R02 and R20. I don't remember what greens/blues I used. I cut leaves with my Slice (Spring Design card) and assorted punches from Emagination, Punch Bunch and unknown, since they didn't put their logo on the punch. Some of the leaves were folded in half and then ran through my Fiskars crimper to give them veins. I used foam tape on some of them to give the card a little dimension. This was the first time to use my Making Memories Tag Curler that I bought from Crop Chocolate. I ran one of the YG Copics over the Happy Birthday on the metal tag though you can barely make it out in the photo. The ribbon is also Making Memories (Cheeky Trim - appropriate, huh!) also from Crop Chocolate. I printed the inside sentiment with my computer on Green Gingko paper that I bought at Tuesday Morning. Unfortunately they didn't identify the manufacturer. I'll probably give this away in August when somebody could use a little cool and green and shady!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this card! you did an amazing job with the leaves framing the face, coloring the face.... just beautiful!! A fav of mine!!

    ReplyDelete