Friday, April 8, 2011

Flight of Escape

I got to thinking about my poor neglected blog the other day. What would it do if it could somehow escape its cyber world and get out into the real world. I'm sure it would want to ride away on a bike. So this card is in honor of my blog.

To create it I used my Making Memories Slice with a Slice Travel design card and the middle sized Slice embossing tip, a hands free Slice collar and the embossing side of the hands free Slice mat on a piece of medium weight aluminum. I colored the embossed words and bike with Copic markers (100, Y15, R29). I made "tire tracks" on the top and bottom of the metal with one of my Ten Second Studios design wheels. Next I used my Making Memories Instant setter to punch holes in the metal and red cardstock and then used it to set the four black eyelets. I ran the yellow cardstock through the Sizzix Texture Boutique inside a Sizzix "Twizzle" embossing folder. I cut two small pieces of Celebrate It Basic Basic Red Metallic ribbon (from Michael's) and taped it down to the yellow card stock with my big pink Scotch ATG. Using the same tool I taped the red card stock to the yellow and the yellow to the black card. Finally I trimmed the the ends of the red ribbon so they were flush with the black card.

Actually the whole purpose of this exercise was to try out the embossing tips on the Slice. But we'll keep that to ourselves. Don't tell the blog!

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cool! I think I'll head out on vacation with your blog thanks to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the layout for the 4th!! :)

    ReplyDelete